Today I had my week 16 appointment. To be honest it was pretty uneventful. She listened to the heartbeat, which of course was the highlight. But that was about it and I was out of there in about 20 minutes.
The one piece of news I received is that our midwife may not be 'approved' to deliver at Southdale Hospital. Our insurance covers Southdale at a higher rate than Abbott, so I am torn. Even if we go to Abbott we aren't guaranteed that she will deliver the baby. She is off on Tuesdays, so I am guessing that is when the baby will arrive.
The next appointment will include the 20 week ultrasound where we will have the opportunity to find out if it is a boy or girl. We've already decided to keep it a surprise, but it will be hard to resist the knowledge. I'm going to have to warn the sonographer about Andy - he really tries to interpret the ultrasounds, so I'm sure he will think he knows by the end of the appointment!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment