Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Peaceful Rest

I wish.  We have been struggling with getting Tiegan to sleep well through the night.  At about 3 months old she was a great nighttime sleeper.  Had to rock her to get her to sleep, but then I would feed her at 10-ish and she would be out for up to 7 more hours.  It was wonderful and now it is gone.

Tiegan now cries to be fed before 10:00, then gets up several times to be comforted after her 10:00 feeding, only to wake up 4 or 5 hours later to eat again.  Then she wakes up before she should in the morning.  Of course we bring her into bed with us then cause we are exhausted.  It's a vicious cycle.  I hope she will soon go back to her long sleep habits, but I'm guessing we are all going to have to work on it.

This is one of the toughest parts of parenting an infant.  I look forward to someday being able to sleep in.  I'm guessing it will be several years.  Sure their worth it, but it's still tough.

No comments: